Jimmy M. Santos, Esq.
Jimmy M. Santos, Esq., the sole member of the Law Offices of Jimmy M. Santos, PLLC, has been practicing law for close to twenty years and has represented numerous clients before state and federal courts in New York, and administrative agencies including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the New York State Division of Human Rights, the New York City Commission on Human Rights and the U.S. and N.Y.S. Departments of Labor.
Mr. Santos' practice areas include representation in labor and employment law litigation; civil rights litigation, including but not limited to: cases involving unlawful discrimination and retaliation in private and public employment, in housing, against recipients of public and private healthcare services, and in public accommodations, for official and/or governmental and misconduct, unlawful retaliation for one's exercise of his/her rights under the U.S. and NYS Constitutions; unfair competition law litigation & counseling; and federal, state and private whistleblower litigation & counseling. Mr. Santos has also: represented clients in several complex federal and NY state court cases including but not limited to cases for defamation and breach of contract; provided representation of and counseling for small to medium-sized companies in labor and employment and civil rights cases; and defended small to mid-size companies in matters involving state and federal government agency enforcement actions, such as matters before the NYS and U.S. Departments of Labor.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1995
Concentration: International Law; International Human Rights Law
- Williams College, Bachelors of Arts, 1990
Major: Political Science
Concentrations: Spanish & International Relations Theory
- New York State, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 1997
- U.S District Court for the Northern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2011
Professional Associations & Memberships
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Latino Lawyers Association of Queens County
- National Lawyers Guild
- Regis Bar Association